Saturday, January 2, 2010

DAY 2 - 365 DAY CHALLENGE

I know that it is only the second day, but I already love this new year!  Today was slightly more difficult to get motivated for exercising, but I did manage to get a 30 minute work out in (even if I had to prop the baby in her swing next to me and make funny faces at her the whole time). Yeah for me! 

I started getting side tracked with the whole"blogging" thing today.  I never knew that there was so much work that goes into 'blogging" if you want people to actually come and read !  After a couple hours on the computer trying to learn everything that I could, I realized that I was getting off track and losing sight of my goals.  So if you are reading this blog, don't expect anything fancy...because I just don't have the time!  (remember juggling mom over here attempting to find balance in her life)

So I enjoyed doing the deed again today.  I think my husband is enjoying the new goals I set for 2010.  For the first time in maybe a year, he actually brought roses home for me today!  If you know my husband, then you know that in itself, is a freaking miracle.  For the second day in a row, there was no arguing between my husband and I - at all.  Another miracle - This is some kind of dream come true!  We even went on a date tonight, which was by far the best date in the last 6 months or longer.  Usually when we have a date night we fight before, during and after the date.  In fact, I don't think I would even call it a "date".  It is more like, "I need to get out the house and away from the kids for awhile and you are my only option."  Dinner with my husband is usually the most gruesome because we can never find anything to talk about without one of us being bored or disgusted.  It always depresses me because I think, "If we can't even enjoy dinner together, then what does that mean for our marriage?"  Well, not tonight.  We had great conversation throughout the meal and for the first time in a very long time I felt loved and supported.  Then we went to the movies to see Avatar whichI have to say we both LOVED!  Not only was the movie visually stimulating, it was a really creative story and I was impressed with it all the way around.  I felt like a teenager when my husband placed his hand on my knee.  I think I actually had a few butterflies fluttering about. 

I am secretly dreading tomorrow.  It is Sunday and I have so much work to get done before I get to the office on Monday morning.  I have been putting it off for the last two days, but tomorrow is the day that I need to get caught up which means working like a dog when I would rather be spending time with my family.  I suppose I will do my best and worry about it tomorrow.  Now it is time to feed the baby and hit the sack.  Night.

1 comment:

  1. Juggling mom over here too! Best of luck trying to get a good balance. thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete